10 Oct 2020 by Aiden Beswick

Report: Eastleigh 1-1 Altrincham


Altrincham’s third fixture of the National League season ended in a 1-1 draw with Eastleigh at The Silverlake Stadium, goals from Yusifu Ceesay, and Cavaghn Miley saw the game end level.

The Robins made two changes to the starting 11 from their 3-1 defeat to Notts County on Wednesday, with Joel Senior and Richie Sutton replacing Shaun Densmore and Tom Hannigan.

Before the game it was announced manager Phil Parkinson and full-back Densmore were not at the game as both, in separate circumstances, have been in contact with a person in their circle who has tested positive for Covid-19.

Alty had the first chance of the game in the fifth minute, Tom Peers made a good run down the right, flicking the ball back to Matty Kosylo. Altrincham’s number 15 drove forward into the box and shot – his effort was saved by McDonnell in the opposition’s goal.

The Robins were ahead four minutes later through Ceesay, a Sean Williams corner was met by Tom Peers, who flicked the ball back to Ceesay – the winger controlled it and fired past Joe McDonnell.

Altrincham went close to doubling their lead in the 11th minute, Williams found space and let fly from 30-yards – his effort went just over.

Kosylo looked to get Altrincham’s second just eight minutes later, his shot was saved well by McDonnell.

Eastleigh had a good chance with nine minutes of normal time remaining, Sam Smart with some good play down the right drove the ball into the box then tried his luck – his effort was saved byThompson.

Neil Sorvel was forced to make his first change of the afternoon in the 36th minute, Jack Payne clattered Williams, receiving a yellow card for the offence – the Robins’ number eight was hurt and replaced by Simon Richman.

The Spitfires were level just before the break, a corner wasn’t cleared by Alty and Miley took advantage blasting a shot past Thompson.

Half-time | Eastleigh 1-1 Altrincham

Altrincham started the second-half brightly, their first chance coming from Peers in the 49th minute – the forward hit a free-kick well but it went wide of McDonnell’s goal.

The hosts had the ball in the back of the net three minutes later, Ben House’s long-range shot hit the back of Tyrone Barnett and went in – the goal was however ruled out as Barnett was stood in an offside position.

Eastleigh made their first substitution of the game; Dan Smith came on for Barnett in the 65th minute.

The Robins made their second change of the afternoon five minutes after the Spitfires – Ceesay was replaced for Mooney.

With 17 minutes remaining the hosts almost took the lead through Michael Green’s header – his effort was cleared off the line by Jake Moult.

Neil Sorvel was forced to make another change in the 76th minutes, Andy White this time requiring treatment, he came off for Connor Hampson.

The last 14 minutes of the game phased out with not real clear chances from either side, with the referee blowing for the end of the game with three minutes of added time.

Full-time | Eastleigh 1-1 Altrincham 

Altrincham return to the J.Davisdon Stadium on Tuesday when they welcome Solihull Moors, kick-off is 7:45pm. Live streaming details will be posted very soon.


27th October 2020 • Match Preview

Preview: Hartlepool United v Altrincham

27th October 2020 • Alty Family

Tragic Loss of Former Altrincham FC Juniors Player

26th October 2020 • ALTY TV LIVE

Just the TicketCo for 'Alty TV Live'