WHAT WE ARE DOING
One of only four non-league clubs in 2017/18 to showcase Fans for Diversity on behalf of Kick it Out and The Football Supporters’ Federation on Non-League Day at the Altrincham v Rushall Olympic match on Saturday 7th October 2017
- A new upgraded temporary wheelchair enclosure installed thanks to Manchester Metalcraft and Manchester Glass
- A full assessment of the matchday experience carried out by Level Playing Field
- Pan Disability Football sessions delivered in partnership with Cheshire FA
- Table Cricket sessions delivered in partnership with Lancashire Cricket Board
- Matchdays stewards all trained to identify homophobic abuse delivered by Football v Homophobia
- Pride event held on Fans for Diversity Day
- Distinctive admission prices for Under 16s
- Junior football section for boys and girls
- Football coaching in Altrincham primary schools
- Complimentary tickets distributed amongst Altrincham primary schools
- Annual pensioners Christmas Lunch
- Walking Football
- Senior exercise
- Women at the Game venue
- Two women’s teams
- 11 junior girl’s teams and girl’s development centre
- Prayer Room
- Building a relationship with Altrincham and Hale Muslim Association
- Permanent, raised wheelchair enclosure
- Disability Supporters Association
- Altrincham FC Pan Disability Football teams
- Altrincham FC Pan Disability Tournaments
- Extend free WiFi to enable deaf supporters to receive Whatsapp updates and for blind supporters to listen to Radio Robins commentary
- Dementia specific Sports Reminiscence and physical exercise in partnership with Sporting Memories
- Annual Football v Homophobia designated match each February
- Family and Single Parent discounted admittance
- Building a relationship with all established ethnic communities in the Altrincham area
- Continue to improve our offer to supporters and promote Inclusion and Diversity to the wider community
Altrincham Football Club is committed to promoting equality, inclusivity and diversity by:
- treating people fairly and with respect;
- recognising inequalities exist; by taking steps to address them;
- providing access and opportunities for all members of the community.
Altrincham Football Club’s commitment is to further eliminate discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, ethnicity, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
We will ensure we treat people fairly and with respect, and that we will provide access and opportunities for all members of the community to take part in, and enjoy, our activities.
The content of this statement applies equally to the treatment of our staff, supporters, volunteers and visitors.
To find out more information about Altrincham FC’s commitment to Inclusion and Diversity, or to contact our team please email us.