Final Score: Altrincham 0 FC Halifax Town 1. Not our best performance today as Jack Earing's goal in the first half condemnded Phil Parkinson's side to defeat.
90. Four minutes of added time. 0-1.
86. ALMOST A TREMENDOUS EQUALISER. Colclough once again is the man in the middle of the action, as he fires a tremendous effort at the Halifax goal, only for Johnson to make a brilliant save. From the resulting set piece, after Alty's appeals for a penalty were turned down, the ball fell to Colclough, but his ferocious drive only needed a touch to go in. 0-1.
85' Chance for Halifax as Earing is allowed too much space down the left-hand side, but his ball into the box is poor and cut out by a Robin. 0-1.
82' FC Halifax sub, Jack Senior coming on for Danny Williams. 0-1.
TEN MINUTES TO GO. COME ON BOYS! 0-1.
75. Fifteen minutes left for Phil Parkinson's side to get something out of this game. COME ON YOU ROBINS! 0-1.
73. As this game goes on, the Robins look the more likely to score. Just a matter of getting that ball into the back of the net now! 0-1.
70. Another delivery that the FC Halifax defence can deal with comfortably. 0-1.
70. Free-kick for Alty and a booking for Danny Williams. 0-1.
67. Hardy takes the set piece himself, but it doesn't beat the first man. 0-1.
67. Having just come on, Hardy wins us a free-kick on the wing. A chance to get the ball into the box. 0-1.
66. Substitution for Alty. Bell and Hardy on for Piggott and Hancock. 0-1.
63. VERY CLOSE TO AN EQUALISER. Looks like Ceesay's effort from the edge of the box is touched over the bar by the 'keeper. 0-1.
58. Brilliant work from Ceesay down the left-hand side. His persistance sees him beat two men before squaring the ball to Colclough, but his effort is a yard too high. 0-1.
57. Better football from Alty but they are lacking a bit of cutting edge. Just as I type that, Hancock breezes past his marker and makes his way into the penalty area. Unfortunately, he doesn't connect with the ball and his effort is comfortably dealt with. 0-1.
48. Excellent tackle and clearance from Hannigan to deny Halifax a clear chance on Thompson's goal. 0-1.
47. Much better start to the half, as Mullarkey's effort is deflected behind for a corner. Trying a cheeky near post effort, similar to against Maidenhead, Colclough's corner is cut out by the first man. 0-1.
46. FC Halifax get the second period underway! 0-1.
Both teams are out for the second half. 0-1.
45. And that is Half Time. Earing's goal early in the game seperates the two sides as Alty are left ruing a slow start to the game. They were able to warm into it as the first half went along. A change in gear needed in the second period. 0-1.
44. And exactly like the free-kick at the other end, it is fired straight into the wall. 0-1.
44. Free-kick for FC Halifax in an identical position to Alty at the other end of the pitch. 0-1.
43. Hancock is the one to take it but he fires the ball straight into the wall, with Halifax able to clear their lines. 0-1.
42. Free-kick for Altrincham 20-yards out. Senior and Hancock over the ball . 0-1.
40. Not sure how that wasn't a foul on Colclough! The dangerman tricks his way through a sea of legs and is brought down on the edge of the box, but the referee is not interested! 0-1.
37. Ogle tries to pick out a teammate inside the penalty area with a deep cross, but he puts too much mustard on his effort, as FC Halifax clear the ball to safety. 0-1.
30. Half an hour gone and not too much to write about since the Shaymen's opening goal in the eighth minute. Alty warming into the game after a slow start. COME ON ALTY! 0-1.
20. Looks like Colclough is starting to find his groove. He dribbles past one man, surges into the penalty area, but his shot is blocked by a desperate lunge from a man in blue. MUCH BETTER! 0-1.
17. That's better from Alty. Ryan Colclough charges forward with the ball and tries his luck from range, forcing Johnson into an uncomfortable looking save. 0-1.
11. FC Halifax take the lead through Jack Earing, whose effort from the edge of the penalty area beats a diving Tony Thompson into the far corner. 0-1.
8. SOOOO CLOSE TO AN OPENER FOR ALTY. Yusifu Ceesay releases Josh Hancock through on goal, but his goalbound shot is deflected onto the crossbar and over by the outstretched body of the FC Halifax 'keeper. 0-0.
5. An even opening couple of minutes here at the J. Davidson Stadium. 0-0
Jake Moult gets the game underway. HERE WE GO!
Kick-off only moments away. An immaculately held minutes silence for the Duke of Edinburgh.
And here is how FC Halifax Town are lining up. Steve Johnson, Jeff King, Neill Byrne, Nathan Clarke, Tom Bradbury, Danny Williams, Kieran Green, Niall Maher, Jamie Allen, Jack Earing, Jake Hyde. On the bench: Chris Renshaw, Luke Summerfield, Martin Woods, Jack Senior, Micah Obiero.
Team news, starting with Altrincham: Tony Thompson, Tom Hannigan, Jake Moult (c), Sean Williams, Joe Piggott, Josh Hancock, Yusifu Ceesay, Reagan Ogle, Joel Senior, Toby Mullarkey, Ryan Colclough. On the bench: Nyal Bell, Matty Gould, Tom Peers, Simon Richman, James Hardy.
Good afternoon & welcome to the J. Davidson Stadium for this weekend's Vanarama National League game between Altrincham and FC Halifax Town. An opportunity to get back to winning ways after our loss to King's Lynn Town. We will bring you team news as soon as we can.